This plugin allows to upload, edit and show article images within the ‘write’ tab.
Similar in concept to my other plugin bot_file_upload it uses a modal window to add and edit images. Moreover it shows a preview of the article image directly in the ‘write’ tab thus incorporating someway my old plugin ‘bot_show_image’.
The plugin does not alter texpattern natural behavieur, it just operates at a visual level hiding the field and replacing it with an interface. Under the skin, images are still stored normally as comma separated values.
The plugin has no configuration interface. If you want to change some settings you can easily edit them directly in the plugins code. Go to plugins > edit and search for ‘Global preferences – Configuration’ in the first lines. Read instructions for more help.
- Multiple fields ("article image" or any other custom field) can be set for the plugin to operate.
- A field can be set to accept single or multiple images
- Image thumbnails associated with an article are shown in the 'write' tab
- Drag'n'drop support for easy images sorting in the 'write' tab'
Set the "article image" field to accept only one image, custom field 2 to accept a list of them for a gallery, custom field 3 for another gallery and so on.
This isn't strictly related to the plugin but can be useful to know. If you want to output a list of images in the same sort order you input them in a custom field (or in the 'article_image' field) use this code:
<txp:images id='<txp:custom_field name="article_image" />' wraptag="ul" break="li" sort=' field(id, <txp:custom_field name=''article_image'' />)'>
Of course replace 'article_image' with the custom field name if you are using one.
If you are associating a lot of images with an article I suggest to use my other plugin bot_wtc to move the field in the central colum for a nicer look
- Compatibility with txp 4.5 (thanks photonomad)
- Updated jquery ui to 1.8.23
- Some other minor tweaks
- Bug fixed - image thumbnails wheren't deleted when unchecked in iframe (cf values where correctly deleted though - was only a visual issue)
- Bug fixed - When hitting the cancel button the sortable ability from the UL list was gone (thanks superfly)
- improvement - replaced jquery "children()" with "find()" for theme compatibility ("vitraux" theme)
- improvement - better theme compatibility ("Hive", "Din" and probably others)
- improvement - addressed issue with different number of columns depending on the number of authors and privileges (thanks Jukka) .
- Updated jquery ui to 1.8.16
- Help updated